Thursday, February 23, 2012

Twitter Chat Websites

I wanted to write a quick post in preparation for the first #SM4SW twitter chat schedule for February 28th at 1pm ET. There are many websites to help one participate in a twitter chat. I have had pretty good success with Tweetchat. It's fairly simple to use and easy to sign in as you can use your twitter username. It updates every few seconds with all the tweets that contain the hashtag you provide. You can Retweet, mention, and favorite tweets.
Another website that looks pretty easy to use is TweetGrid. I personally haven't used it but I kind of like the grid format so you can see if people are mentioning you and then @reply them. Of course, there is always HootSuite. This is a powerful social media dashboard that allows you to do many things. One of the reasons I like it is because I can set up various columns to track the conversation and any mentions I may receive. It can also provide you with some interesting analytics if you are interested in that thing.
I would have to say for ease of use, Tweetchat is pretty high up there. If you are comfortable managing multiple columns, then you may opt for HootSuite. Perhaps there is something else out there that you like better? If so, please share by leaving a comment. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you during the chat on the 28th.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the info! I just set up HootSuite! Wow! I am learning at warp speed!!!!

    ReplyDelete